Friday 23 September 2011

Europetrip cut short - last few days in Sweden; a tattoo, a lot of tears, being hit by a madwoman and getting new wellies!

Well, after the shock news on Sunday I obviously didn't want to keep travelling, so sis and I decided to take the ferry from Stockholm on Wednesday, and then the bus up to Jakobstad from Åbo. As such Sunday to Wednesday were spent in Söderbylund at Malin & Henrik's place, doing a little of this and a little of that, let's take a look...

Saturday was my last day in Örebro, and after a wonderful picnic in the autumn sun Rosita and I took a glass of wine at Danske Kroen, and I met a man from Lovisa and got to speak our beatiful ankdamsfinlandssvenska! Very happy Anna-Karin!


Sunday I got up extra early, and Rosita got up with me! After some brekkies (during which I was mostly drawing and colouring and explaining stuff to Rosita, and she was saying 'eat a little now' during the worst of my damp'iness...)

I then took my thousand bags and headed off to the station, to catch the train to Enköping, leaving Rosita behind): After a train journey I took a bus to Uppsala, and then another bus on to Rimbo, close to where M&H lives. Interesting point; not far from Rimbo I saw a traffic sign warning me for wild hogs!!




Allergics were allowed on the bus, but only on the front seats....

Felt pretty sad and lonesome when we got back, and cuddling with the cats was a wonderful distraction! Simba has finally got the point with the Cat Blanket! Clever cat!

On Monday we went into Norrtälje to chat to a tattooist and do some other stuff, and after I had been assaulted (see previous entry for details!) we had to strenghten ourselves with a coffee at Cafe' Hörnan, it has such beautiful peaceful decor!




my new wellies!

When we got back we felt a bit pekish, so Malin made some apple bread and I did carrot-pumpkin seed-herb scones!


Malin's apple bread was simply DIVINE! Look closely and you will see that it is still steaming! Bliss!



 
On Tuesday I woke up at the ungodly hour of 4.00AM, but thanfully the cats felt like having a cuddle, which was nice! I pottered around, had a cup of tea and wrote about my granddad. Had a little cry and a lot of cat cuddles..Then I went back to sleep..
Oh, M&H got the loveliest mail ever from various village congregations and organisations, I want to live in a village and get invited to choir evenings, poetry and harvest fiests!


Positive attitude; rain is rain, but if you have bright red new wellies everything's ok!




On Tuesday afternoon we headed off to Norrtälje again, as it wa time to get my tattoo!! Woop Wooop! My tattooist was simply amazing! He was probably 150 kilos muscle and tattoes, but he was the gentlest tattoist ever, it hardly hurt the slightest, almos blood free and simply no scab! And it was quick as h*ll, outlines, colour and shading was all done under 45 minutes!!! So happy with it!




The next day, Wednesday, my tattoo looked like this, and still no pain, redness or scab!

I was still a naugthy smoker (cough cough, I still am on Friday.....) and enjoyed some very early morning (6 AM) cigarettes and tea on the veranda...


...firmly anchored in the Scandinavian soil (forever now!)


M&H were going to pick me up for leaving to Stockholm in the afternoon, so the morning was spent cuddling with the cats (darn I will miss these cats!!), knitting, listening to music, packing, running around barefoot in the rain and such things...



No comments:

Post a Comment