Thursday 1 September 2011

Europetour, edition 1: Jeppis to Åbo roadtrip

Finally, 31 August came along, which meant both mamma's 55 year birthday and the day we would descend on our journey down to Åbo and onwards to Sweden!


 Thumb up for getting the journey started!

 I finished my first very own crocheting project, a little mat of some kind, I think it's quite nice!

 Mamma & Pappa & Finland

 Finland

We headed off about 1.30ish, driving down to Åbo från Jakobstad. Luckily I had an entire backpack reserved only for creative endavours and crocheting, so I was kept busy most of the journey! I was also reading old diaries which made me both cry and get new creative ideas. Had to call Sandra somewhere from the finnish outback to just cry a little and get some teenage angst off my chest. Beautiful creative sistersoul! I am so extremely happy I have found you again, and this time I'm not letting you go anywhere! (well ok, you can travel freely, as long as you promise to return to your housewife, our silly looking nonallergic dogs and our organic carrots in the garden!) <3 

I also had some Viking Updates which was very nice(: Some interesting and stimulating conversations about shampoo, roadtrips, Jaguars (?), kidsthesedays, parentsthesedays, music.... 

We had a nice tittle pitstop in a random little finnish village, where we spiced things up by doing something as odd as crossing the road and sitting down square middle of the lingonberry forrest! Crazy bloody finlandssvenskar...Headshakes and stares were common reactions. (But the tv next to the road got no reaction whatsoever from the finnish villagers.....)


(Apparently this was odd)


Got down to Åbo in good time for the ferry, so we had a little wander, a cup of coffee and then qeued (how the heck is it spelt now again??) up to get the car parked in the belly of Isabella (Isabella was our beautiful quirky ferry)

Tjosan!


1 comment:

  1. Trevlig resa! Det skulle vara fint att se bilder från den härliga gården. Låter vackert! Håll oss uppdaterade.

    Kram! Ida

    ReplyDelete