Monday 5 September 2011

Europetour, edition 6: the day I made friends with a Tjinuskihäst, biked a h*ll of a lot and had fun

Sunday I woke up early (as usual) and it was the most amazing weather, warm sunshine at 6.00AM! So I couldn't stay in bed any more! I got up and wandered the garden instead, pondering whether Frida Kahlo used to wake up with an impressive Knåterburr as I did that morning....The mist was amazing over the field, and I climbed the brick/stone wall to have a little look over the amazing surrroundings...what a morning sight!

 WWFKHD? (what would Frida Kahlo have done??)



I was a little bit energic in the morning, so I decided to go out for a bike ride to have a proper look at Söderbylund with surroundings. Forced down some breakfast, packed my Fjällräven and then jumped up on the bike (which is a rusty amazing thing called 'Perfekt' - what a suiting name!). I went off at 08.15AM, and the sunshine and quiet roads greeted me!





What an amazing bike ride! The Swedish country side is truly glorious! I biked small dusty roads, flew down big hills and struggled up bigger hills! I met horses, cats, dogs, a few (very few) people who all said hello to me, pretty houses and one (!) car and a tractor.

In a field I met a whole crowd of horses, and after a little bit of persuasion from my side ('hästen, hästen, kom hit hästen, fina hästen, hästen, jag har grääääs hästen, kom kom!') the Tjinuskihäst finally decided to come over and say hello to me, and what a hello it was!! The most beautiful amazing strong big creature and it happily let me stroke its head, mane and neck! It smelled my hand and investigated it a bit with its big horselips! The Tjinuskihäst's approval was like a sign to the others, and all of a sudden 3 of the horses decided to come and say hello! One horse had totally amazing eyes! So beautiful, like a wild wild scandinavian dog!

 Tjinuskihästen och svartvita hästen

 HEJ hästen!




 Världens finaste Tjinuskihäst!


Hejdå hästarna!

I found myself in Närtunaby after an few hours of biking (and stopping wherever I felt like it for a break, phone call, horse visit or such things...) and found a beautiful old church, so I parked my bike, wandered the minneslund for a while reading old gravestones and thinking about life and death....As it was Sunday I decided to stay around and wait for the Sunday Mass to start! This was highly unusual as I have never ever gone to a mass out of own initiative, and I have not been to a mass in YEARS! But this summer is all about trying new things, and this particular day I felt like going to a mass in this amazing church.

 Runsten on the church wall, amazing!


 After a MASSIVE f*cking uphill!!! I am ready to have a heart attack, seriously!









 Ellida är ju ett vackert namn!




the view from the church, breathtaking!

I sat down and crocheted for about an hour until Mass started, greeted the priest when she got there, then wandered into the church and had a look around. I met a little cute boy called Vasili who gave me a little tiny book about Jesus (I thanked and kindly gave it back) and played peekaboo with him for a while (I am certain that it God exists he would like his children to play peekaboo in his 'home'). I also met his 'extra mother', who was the Church Warden, an amazing beautiful woman with tattooes and strong arms, and a lovely smile. She complimented me on my crocheting which was nice!



The mass was surprisingly enjoyable, I sang along in hymns I never heard before, gave a few coins to the collection and enjoyed the medidative serenity of the old church. Afterwards I had a chat with the priest, Elisabeth, and she was also a lovely woman! I introduced my sister + Henrik to her and she was looking forward to seeing them some day (you can always help neighbourhoodliness along a little by having an oversocial little sister)..

After the mass I decided to bike back...and off course biked 'wrong'!(: The downhill ride was so much fun that I just kept going where I should have gone left! Oh well, I realised after a while when I never met Tjinuskihästen, so I just turned back and went right(:

Was bloody knackered, hungry and sweaty when I got back (at 1.00PM!) so the rest of the day I chillaxed with Malin, had a nap, played with the cats, had a lovely bath (and almost fell asleep in it) and watched two films (Änglagård III & Priceless...)



 Never ever let anyone tell you you can't mix however many colours, textures and patterns you want!

NICE!


Great Day Again!

On the way back the horses were not toooo interested....

No comments:

Post a Comment