Sunday 22 January 2012

Kekkonen, Kekkonen, Kekkonen...Kakkonen

Yup, I am off to vote in the Finnish president(al?) election. The first time I vote in several years, because I have have felt so out in regards to finnish politics during my years as an 'abroad Finn'. I kinda have a policy that you should be at least a little aware of politics and the candidate you choose to vote for, and since I have  had no clue what has been happening in Finland the last 7 or so years I have not voted.

BUT, as a Proper Finn (said ironically) Living in Finland I will now do my societal duty and vote. And yes, I have read up a bit more about my candidate, and not just been influenced by the spotify campaign (if you have heard it you will recognise my blog entry title...).

Also, please do vote. Another of my Anna'isms is 'if you don't vote you can't complain!', so at least for your own sake, VOTE and you will be able to with a clean concious bitch and moan for 6 years to come. 

I am voting green, liberal, progressive, gender and sexuality-aware and anti fur-industry. It's not very often I actually feel I find a presidental candidate which corrolates with my views, but I think I have found one this time.

Upwards and Onwards

1 comment:

  1. Hej A-K, jag har en förfrågan till dej, vill du maila mej på marie.stens@lionne.fi?

    ReplyDelete