Wednesday 25 January 2012

January in a good light - a few things that happened (in pictures)

One of the best things this month was the fact that Malin, Maija, Henke and the cats came to Finland. Henke sadly had to leave for work after a few days, and Malin & Maija after about two weeks, but the cats are staying here for a while!

It was amazing to get to spend more time with my deardarling sister, and the little cute dimple which is my niece Maija, here is a gooden picture of Maija at mine

Maija Piraya and the adorable facial features - slightly chocked

Maija curious and handwaving

The cats, as we know, are doing well at mine, eating their own bodyweight in food every day, sleeping most of the days, cuddling, fighting, walking around like they own the place and making silly noises.

This is how I found Simba on the floor a day when I (in his opinion) had spent too many minutes at the computer, not giving him constant attention

Adorable silly rubbercat!

The return of the INTERNET was another BIG thing in January. My blog has been suffering massively with the lack of internet, and I am happy to be back to my old blogging self. Albeit struggling with not becoming facebook addicted again, so I am trying to do everything internet related in moderation. 

What I do enjoy though is having soundcloud and youtube back, and I was so happy i celebrated by watching the ENTIRE Lip Service series, AGAIN, in one day. Here I am having breakfast with Frankie and Cat in Lip Service (nothing like having brekkies with old friends, viral characters or not...)


January was also time to vote in the presidential election, which reawakened my interest in politics! I have always been interested in politics, but since I have been living abroad for such a long time I haven't been very aware of what has been happening on the finnish political scene. But now I am more up to date thanks to the election!

I am also feeling quite optimistic about the finnish political landscape at the moment. The wave of nationalism that we (and so many other countries) have felt the last two years have awakened people's interest in politics, which is GOOD. Seldom something bad which does not bring something good with it. Apparantly we needed 'The True Finns' to be elected into parliament before people waking up and thinking 'hey what is happening to our country?!'. But not a day to late, there is always time for changes, and for thinking again. And the fact that an openly gay, progressive, green candidate got the second most votes in the first round is a GOOD sign for Finland! Go HAAVISTO.

This is what I looked like when I went voting on Sunday morning;

 primal colours to beat the finnish winter darkness


And then, what else? I have made a lot of good food this month.My appetite has been a bit on and off, but I am trying to eat warming, filling food to both calm my excessive Vata (yes a bit of ayurvedic speak there), and to keep warm during the cold month.

Right now I am trying to use the fact that I am stuck in my house and eat as much as possible. Being sick is sooo boring, so I can just as well use the time to make good breakfasts, lunches and dinners for myself. Today I made this greekinspired pasta, with giant beans, red pesto, sambal oelek, veggies, tomato passata, cream cheese and LOTS of spices, yummmiee!

I think I may just roll out of my house like a Mumintroll in spring when I've got this Lumbago Acuta sorted. I could do with a little layer of speck, I am bored of being bony and skinny. And bored of feeding my body crap like cigarettes, excessive coffee and alcohol. Now I'd like to be strong, healthy and a bit more muscular (I am not talking buff, god no, just have better muscular build to better be able to cope with crap like this back pain...). How was it now, nothing bad that doesn't bring something good with it?

today's dinner

Now I am bored, and my leg is aching from standing too long, so I''m gonna have some more food and the 12th cup of herbal tea of the day. So Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment