Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Magical Place where all the Cool People hang out

Waking up habits; Monday; 4somethingAM. Tuesday; 6.10AM, Wednesday; 3somethingAM...

I got to Nykarleby about 3.30ish in the afternoon yesterday, and walked through a rainy gray smalltown to get to Konstskolan. My mind, mood and heart were just as gray. Things perked up a bit as I got to Konstskolan, as I met people I knew straight away, which is always nice! Then lovelySandra came to great me with a warm big hug, which helped. We went for a little (actually a little) grocery shopping and then for a coffee/tea in her studio.

Oh I love Konstskolan! Remember being a lot younger (maybe 12ish or so?..) walking around snooping, looking, wondering, marvelling, not understanding anything, disliking and liking all the art, paintings, sculptures and various other art(ificials) when visiting my sister who was studying there. I always especially liked the smells, paint, wood, metal, burnt things, crayon, dreams, inspiration and frustration.... I always thought my sister was the coolest person in the world (hell yeah, she wore a giant black velvet hat with plastic sunflowers, black wide homemade trousers with plasticflowers sown into the hems, homeknitted jumpers, ownmade earrings and always amazing hair, crewcut, purple, blonde, black.....), and Konstskolan was the magical secret place where all the other cool people hung out and gave birth to their dreams. No wonder it was like a little piece of paradise! My sister is still one of my biggest idols, not only for her creativity, personality and artistic abilities, but also for showing the the courage to be different. To be yourself whatever that is. To not let a smalltown, convention, school/work or other people inhibit your creativity, views and personal style. Tack Heidi för att du lärde mig det!

So it was a nice reunion with Konstskolan, even though I lacked both the energy and motivation to have a proper tour. Instiead I sat comfortably in Sandras space, in one of her armchairs - knitting, marvelling and looking around...We headed home to Sandras after a cup of tea/coffee, and started making dinner as soon as we got back. So funny, I had brought some ingreadients we had at home for ovenroasted veggies, and what does Sandra want to make for dinner? Ovenbloodyroasted veggies! So we saw that as a sign in the shop and decided that ovenroasted veg it is! Sandra also made the best bloody coffee ever! Strong espressocoffee, skimmed soya milk and loads of cinnamon! Mmmmmmm, sooo tasty!

Mikki came over and the three of us had supertasty dinner together, and ate until we were all pretty foodcomatozed, even the poor little doggie who ate potatoes even though he shouldn't! Linn arrived somewhere between the second and third portion, and helped to clean our plates and pots and pans, and then we got ready to start some serious kickass crafting - which was the theme of the night!

We all had projects we were working on; Sandra was sowing buttons onto her hoodie, Linn was starting to pimp a denimvest into a studvest, Mikki was working at her portfolio, Lucille who joined us was making button portraits of all of us, and I was knitting and crocheting. So we each crafted at our bits and bobs, whilst chatting, laughing, drinking tea, eating far too much liquirice, and every now and then going up and down in the food elevator outside!(:

It was a really really brilliant night, with wonderful people who are all super creative, special and lovely individuals! I love spending time with a group of people who have so many similarities and differences (all at the same time) to me, it is so enriching! I would hate hanging out with people who would be just like me, I would never be able to get a point across, the soundlevel would be FAR too high, and everyone would be talking at the same time. Plus the speed of the conversation would be breathtaking! Neither would I like to be hanging out with people who would be completely different from me, as I wouldn't like to discuss how to best fry a sausage, slaughter a pigeon, bash a queer, draw a svastika or Boyzone. So, a little likeness and a little difference is a marvellous concoction!

I fell asleep ridiculously early, and slept really deep and peaceful until 3 this morning, and now I am having a creative and harmonious earlymorning with the big yarnbox, chaitea, kidneybeanhommous and hardbgread, and the scarf I'm knitting...I love early mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment