Wednesday 25 July 2012

The good and the bad of July



Best right now:
-The fact that Jakobsdagar are finally over! I never thought I would say it, but I am kinda happy to see my little town empty of people again. After a mad week of loads of work, too many people and too long queus everywhere it's quite nice to be able to order in a cafe or bar again without having to wait 20 minutes (and to get a seat!)
-All the time I've been able to spend with friends and family from far and near over the last few months; Soffi, Elin, Sofia, Malin & Maija - every second has been gold worth!
-how cool my bedroom is during summertime. Oh how I cursed the cold in my house during the winter season, but I have found that living in an old wooden house has it's advantages during summer- it's cool and lovely!
-Swimming! it took me until almost mid-July before I had my first swim this year (which is LATE for me, I usually have a first swim in May or so..), but since I've tried to swim every time I get to the cottage and it's like re-birth every time
-Eva Dahlgren (but that's nothing new...)
-Coral coloured nail varnish (oh yes, it's coral NOT red...)
-Cold, dry rose wine, preferably enjoyed during a cool summer night with bare feet and a cigarette (or two) close at hand - total bliss!
-Having virtually no neighbors, which means that I can go out wearing only my playsuit-nightie for a barefoot morning cigarette (especially since the "morning" cigarette is often at 1PM...), or play punk/rrriot at night when I come home if I feel like it


Worst right now:
-The fact that my throat's been sore for the last few days. I'm dreading a cold sneaking up behind my back gathering strenght, to throw itself upon me. Not looking forward to it.
-KELA. There's some serious beef between me and Kela right now, as they claim I owe them money and I claim that they should keep better track on what benefits they pay out, rather than claiming 6 months later that they've been overpaying me and want it back. How am I supposed to know how much I am entitled to? I thought it was their job to check that they pay me the right amount.
-People who constantly feel the need to point out that autumn is soon here/christmas is only so or so many months away/ the summer is now over - LET ME ENJOY SUMMER WHILST IT'S HERE GODDAMNIT!
-Stupid customers. Enough said.
-Mozzie bites
-Blood tests (no I'm not trying to sport a 'heroine chic' look, that's soooo 1995...)


No comments:

Post a Comment