Tuesday 17 July 2012

Show me this picture the next time I complain about living in Jakobstad....


Sometimes I think about how lucky I am being born exactly where I am born, in this tiny little town in Finland. It doesn't happen too often, but every now and then it hits me, and especially when I see a view like the one above! I finished late yesterday and grabbed my bag and biked down to the harbour to take "my" little boat over to the cottage. I got absolutely gobsmacked when I got down to the sea, because it was so unbelievable beautiful, tiny little waves bobbing me along and a peachy pink sunset making the sea almost pink.

Had a lovely day off today at the cottage, just chilling, sunbathing, swimming, eating (A LOT!) and socializing. I am working so much this summer that I'm trying to treat every day off as a holiday, surprising how much enjoyment I get out of one day off, in comparison to this spring when I was off almost all the time and hated it. I guess you have to long for your days off to really enjoy them fully.

Anyways, off back to the mainland soon, as I've got an early start tomorrow, and what I think will be a veeeery busy shift.

Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment